Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What's The Buzz?

I have noticed a lot of things around me lately that buzz.

For example, today I walked into my boss Catherine's office, and her laptop was buzzing. It sounded like it was a plane getting ready to take off. Also:

  • This morning the coffee machine at work was buzzing and we had to unplug it. Come to find out it was the heater element which was trying to heat water, and there was no water.
  • My cute little fan at work is making a buzzing sound. I think from constant use that the little screw that holds on the tiny blades is loose. One day it will let loose and launch (reminding me of that scene in the movie Contact).
  • And of course the queen of all buzzing sounds ... bees! We have a yellow-jacket infestation in our yard. We have traps (yes, plural) out, which are filling up constantly and we've sprayed and sprayed. Come on cold weather! (Not really, just to get rid of the bees and then we want it warm again.)

I am sure there are more examples, because it is standing out at this moment as a theme in my life. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sandstone Writings said...

The only buzz around here is the remote being flipped back and forth between political stuff and the tennis US Open. We must be junkies!