Monday, November 24, 2008

Elusive "I'm Done"

Something about myself that I like and also at the same time despise, is that I am constantly in search of the Elusive "I'm Done".

It sounds stupid, but that statement describes it exactly. When there are things to be done a few things I automatically do include that:

I make lists. I put it on paper so I don't have to keep it in my brain. In my mind it goes around and around. On paper, I can purge it from my mind and relax. I tick off each item on the list until it's FINAL, and I don't think about it anymore.

I start early. I won't give details, because I'll really sound like a freak. But, I always start brainstorming things way in advance. I pick up little pieces of the puzzle along the way until it's all put together. If I know an event, project, or deadline is on the horizon, I want to get it FINAL, and not think about it anymore.

I communicate. I tell everyone, up, down, sideways, who may need or want to know. I don't want anyone left out and I want all the questions to be answered way in advance. Then I can wrap it up in a pretty bow and say it's FINAL, and not think about it anymore.

I like that I can quickly organize and complete things. I don't like that I allow myself to be consumed by thinking and sometimes drive others crazy when I take them down that path with me! Sorry! I know some of you are reading this.

It's all in the quest for that Elusive "I'm Done"; the moment when I suddenly realize that I have NOTHING to do because it's all done! That's where the "elusive" part comes in because we all know that in that moment I would create something to do.

2 comments:

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

If only I could be as organized as you are my life would be so much easier. Someday I'll have to have you give me a lesson.

Heather said...

You are the total planner! I love it!