Sunday, November 30, 2008

23 LBS

This year I got a big Thanksgiving turkey ... 23 pounds ... because we were having almost all of Matt's family over, and because I love to make turkey soup from the leftovers.

I hefted the bird onto the grocery conveyor belt at the checkout. After the clerk scanned the tag, he lifted it, exhaling all his air, and carried it around to my cart. After dropping it in with a crash, he exclaimed, "I bet in life that was one fat a** turkey."

I was eager to tell Matt the story of the punk at the store who insulted our turkey, and we laughed as we shared it with our family.

And here we are just before digging into the fat a** turkey!

3 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

23 pounds...that is about what I gained this weekend!

That story is hilarious. Bet that guy never knew what a laugh he provided for allthose people!

Heather said...

Hahaha! You crack me up! Look at your beautiful spread for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see you have a catering/party planning business (or a least write a book!). :-) The world needs you!

eugie74 said...

Charnae, check me out. I'm finally learning how to navigate and post on other people's blogs! I may be behind but I won't give up on trying to stay technologically relevant :).

Thanks again for all your moral support with the house, etc.