Thursday, September 13, 2007

Techno Music

During my high school years I was very into Techno music. What I considered Techno was KMFDM, The Grid, Machines of Loving Grace, and The Shamen.

One time while I was shopping at Media Play (ha, ha), some guy gave me a CD and told me this was "real techno". I was interested, bought it, and went home and listened to Kraftwerk. Hmmm. Not really something I wanted to listen to more than once. (Thinking back, I don't know if I ever even listened to it that once .... maybe on fast speed.)

Thank goodness for iTunes! Since I've been able to find my music on iTunes, I can tell you that KMFDM is Rock, The Grid is Dance, Machines of Loving Grace is Alternative, and The Shamen is Pop. And Kraftwerk? It's Electronica.

So, what is Techno? Well, nothing in iTunes is listed as Techno.

Maybe Strong Bad tells it best ...

1 comment:

Heather said...

This post flashes me WAY back to high-school and college. You know who else I love that I'd categorize as techno - but, I'm sure iTunes doesn't? BT and Paul Okenfold (sp). Thanks for the trek down memory lane! :-)