Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Creeds

A few weeks ago I ended up on Wikipedia, reading about different Creeds. I was surprised that they listed the Articles of Faith of the LDS church. After reading different creeds of Christianity and Islam, although not exact, I could see many similarities. One statement in the LDS Articles of Faith I noticed wasn't similar to anything in the others. It was Article of Faith #11:

"We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."

I think this is really cool. I am grateful to be free to believe what I want, and I'm grateful that I believe that others have that same privilege.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is so insightful. I love it!

P.S. I read a book on religion that was used at a BYU class and I thought the same thing about Christianity and Islam - there are a lot of similarities. Why does it always seem that we are the same person in different universes? Heehee.