Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Harry Potter

Yes, I'm a Harry Potter fan. Recently I was thinking about book 7 and I realized that I don't remember a lot of the details, since I read it at lightning speed the first time. I can see that it's time for a re-read.

Doing some year-end cleaning I ran across a "live and die" list that I wrote a few weeks before book 7 was released. I didn't do so bad. Here were my predictions:

Live:
Ron Weasley
Hermione Granger
Harry Potter
Ginny Weasley
Mrs. Weasley
Fleur Delacour
Charlie Weasley
Fred Weasley
George Weasley
Minerva McGonagall

Die:
Voldemort
Peter Petigrew
Bellatrix Lestrange
Hagrid
Percy Weasley
Severus Snape
Lucius Malfoy
Draco Malfoy
Remus Lupin
Tonks
Bill Weasley
Mr. Weasley
Victor Krum

Those who have read it will know where I was right, wrong, and who missed the list! Guess I'll have to start reading the Twilight series that everyone is gaggling about!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You post reminds me of how much I've forgotten about book seven, too. I love that you love to read. I remember when you weren't into it as much and I think it is so cool you've found stuff you love.

P.S. I have books 1 & 3 in the Twilight series if you want to borrow them. :-)

Sandstone Writings said...

This post brought to mind my own journey with Harry Potter. At present we are biking (stationary bike) through book 5. (I chose not to read what you said about 7! I'll get there yet!) I only got into the books when I needed to have something to distract while doing exercise. I like them much more than I thought I would.