Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sunday

Working backwards ... we're now on Sunday ...

which was the Primary Program. The kids did so great, and they knew the songs better than the two previous years that I've been involved. HATS OF TO KIRSTIE! I was so happy that we ended on time, which has been a yearly goal. All the pieces came together, and you could feel the testimony in their cute talks.

After church our neighbor Hayley came over and we made spaghetti and she dressed up in our Halloween costumes. It was fun. She's a cutie, and it was fun to hang out.

After lunch, we headed to Matt's aunt's home. They're getting packed up to move to North Carolina next month. We helped move some stuff, and she gave us an old Danish Bible that she wasn't sure where it came from.



Upon further inspection when we got home, we discovered it is Matt's great-grandmother & grand-father's family bible, listing births, marriages and deaths in their family.



Also inside we found a page with pictures, two of which I'm pretty sure are his great-grandmother and great-grandfather, probably around their engagement (top and bottom right).



And we also found a newspaper clipping with Matt's grandmother's picture, and announcing her engagement.



I've put on my "History Detective Hat" the last few days to see what I can find on the internet to support my ideas of who are in the pictures in the Bible, but no luck yet. I'll need to start asking those who knew them. Wish me luck!

I love this stuff!!! (If you can't tell.)

2 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

How awesome. Were there any new people and/or dates to further your geneology?

Heather said...

That is so great that you found those treasures!