Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sport:Tennis

I love tennis!

It's the one sport that I can watch for hours.  All the excitement of this last week has held me captive.  I'm excited that one American has made it to the finals ... Serena Williams ... and I hope she does great tonight!  Go Serena!  Watching her battle it out with her sister was amazing.  I don't think there is a more entertaining pair to watch than Serena and Venus.  Most the time I don't care who wins when they play, I just enjoy the show!

I'm a big Federer fan!  Back when Agassi was still playing, not so much.  He made me mad because he was so PERFECT.  But, he is so gracious in real life, and a real class act - and I became a fan.
Enter Nadal this year at Wimbledon, knocking Federer off his well-deserved pedestal.  I wasn't too happy!  Then the Olympics, where Nadal ended up with the gold medal.  My consolation was that Federer got the gold in the pairs competition.

So, at the U.S. Open I was REALLY looking forward to a showdown between Nadal and Federer, with of course Federer coming out on top!  Any tennis fan out there knows that Andy Murray beat Nadal today, so I don't know how I feel?  I am torn ... glad that Nadal lost ... sad that there won't be a showdown ... but, still excited to see how it turns out.  Go Federer!

On a side note, I really do like Nadal.  I think he's a great player, and also a person with a lot of class.  I think if it wasn't Federer that he was beating, that a lot of times I would be excited when he won!

Ahhh, tennis!

1 comment:

Sandstone Writings said...

I agree with everything you wrote! Life stops in our house when tennis matches are on. I was pleased to see that Andy Murray had grown up and matured since the last time I heard him interviewed. It's good to hear a little humility. And didn't you love it when Serena jumped all around the court?