Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good things...

do happen in January!

Today we had our final inspection on our house, and we passed.



So our house permit is now officially closed and we can put things upstairs for real.

When Matt called today to tell me the result, I was so excited that I wanted to do a happy dance.
 

And at the same time I was so in shock.  It was hard to believe that it's real.  When you've lived with something in the back of your mind for so long it's hard to convince yourself that it has come to a close.



So, we took a gift card we got from my work and went to The Cheesecake Factory for a celebratory dinner.  Yippee!


And I can whole-heartedly recommend that place.  Wonderful food!

6 comments:

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Congratulations! I can only imagine how nice that must be. Your life project for... how many years? Now what?

Joellen said...

Yeah!! That is great news, You both must be so excited. I know that you were worried about it. Yahoo!!!

Joellen said...

Yeah!! That is great news, You both must be so excited. I know that you were worried about it. Yahoo!!!

squick said...

Charnae! That is so cool. I remember talking to you about the house at work :). I hope you don't mind I look at your blog occasionally! I need to come by and visit some day soon. Hope you guys are all doing well. I miss our little work group.

Heather said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys! What wonderful news!

Sandstone Writings said...

Congratulations!!!