Friday, January 23, 2009

Fluff

Hello! Not much really happening in our household, but thought I'd say hi to everyone. Some things that I'm excited about, that most people probably wouldn't think exciting:

I love to shop clearance, and have certain places I go to frequently to patiently wait for a bargain. This week I got some amphibious footwear on sale for $25!




They're impractical winter shoes, but will be fun for summer. I think the "drain frame" is so interesting how it directs the water away from your feet. So cool.

I added a Shelfari bookshelf to my blog! (Look left.) I was already on Goodreads, and a friend sent me an invite to Shelfari. I wasn't going to do it, but I love how adding books you've read actually put them on your bookshelf! It's fun! (Which makes me sound and feel like a 5th grader.) Speaking of books, I just finished reading this book:



And a bunch of others than you can check out on my bookshelf. (Look left.)

But, back to The Magicians and Mrs. Quent. I really loved it. Not sure if Olivia still checks out my blog, but I would recommend it to her since many of the books she's talked about on her blog I've also enjoyed. I think my mom-in-law would also like it - so check it out.

I have a renewed interest in my favorite band from my younger years. Don't laugh .... Oingo Boingo! Around Christmas I got a couple of my favorite albums of theirs off iTunes ... all of these I only ever had on tape!



I'm not much of a concert-goer, but I've been to two of theirs; one was their farewell tour. :(

Another of my favorite-ever albums is:



Over the holidays we watched Mamma Mia! at least five times! It has now been officially added to my list of favorite movies. To be added to the list means that I can watch it repeatedly and never tire of it. Here is the list, not in order of my favorite -- because I couldn't pick a favorite -- but in order of when they were added to the list.



"Dumb and Dumber" really doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the movies, does it? Can someone please buy me Nancy Drew's blue roadster?

Of the movies above, I have also read Pride & Prejudice, Marnie, and Random Harvest. You can find them on my bookshelf. (Look left.)

Other exciting things in my world ... Odwalla has new Monster Protein drinks that will keep you awake and energized for hours! Yeah! And they're so yum! I couldn't find a picture of the new ones, but here is the Chocolate Super Protein, which is also tops!



We went to the car show with our friends last weekend. My favorite car was the midnight blue Saturn Aura with the brown interior. It was a beautiful combination of colors. I couldn't find one that was similar online, but here is the interior:




That's the scoop on all the unimportant, yet exciting things in my world. The important thing that takes up the majority of the time (i.e. work) is about the same. The hatchet keeps threatening to fall, but so far I still have my neck. ;)

It's good that I have so much exciting fluff to engage my thoughts in troubled times!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love reading about all your fun goings ons! It's funny because we were listening to your Christmas CD and Jake asked if you liked Oingo Boingo a lot and I told him (and hopefully this isn't a lie) that you had like 10+ of their albums when we were growing up. Isn't it fun to resurrect those passions? :-)

Sandstone Writings said...

So fun to get caught up a little bit. Love your format and the new things you try on your blog.