Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year!

We kind of disappeared the last three months of 2008!  They are my favorite months, and they get packed full of activities!

Honestly December was disappointing because I was sick so much!  I got sick December 1, and I had the last traces of my cough from that cold around December 19.  But, I was so glad to break my yearly curse of being sick ON Christmas!

Ha - ha.  December 24 I started in with another cold, and this one has been worse than the first.  Probably since I had been sick so recently.  Anyway - this one is still hanging on.  Matt's entire family, except one individual, got sick.  So, we had a cough-filled holiday.  It's just my luck that I'll be feeling good in time to go back to work!  I really can't remember a time when I've been sick for so long.  Only 5-days of being well in one month!  Crazy!

But, we tried to have fun anyway, and did some cool things:
  • December 2 - We went to the play "Savior of the World".
  • December 4 - We got free tickets from my work and went to see "The Nutcracker".
  • December 6 - It was a very warm Saturday and we finished our Winter yard preparations, and put the Christmas lights on the house.
  • December 14 - We had our yearly Christmas Dinner with my family.

  • December 17 - We got free tickets from my work to see the advanced showing of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button".  It was interesting, but soooo sad.
  • December 20 - Our friend Quincy got married and we went to his reception.
  • December 22 & 23 - I had two glorious non-sick days of cleaning/shredding junk out of our office.
  • December 24 - We had a fun evening doing what we traditionally do this night - - - dinner with Matt's family at his Aunt & Uncle's and then watching "We're No Angels", our yearly Christmas movie, with my family.
  • December 25 - We had Christmas breakfast at our house with Matt's family.  Normally we go to my brother's house for dinner, but I was really sick so we stayed home this year.
  • December 28 - Matt's mom made her own birthday dinner (isn't that sad), and everyone came to our house to eat.  Matt and I were both horribly sick by this point, so mom took over and did all the work.  We woke up to eat.  She flew home on her actually birthday - December 29 - and was the last one to get sick, starting in with it that day!  What a birthday present.
We hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year's!  Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so sorry that you've been so sick! That is so miserable. I hope you are on the mend and feeling better. :-)