Tuesday, January 15, 2008

One month!

After a long absence, I can report that nothing much has happened in our neck-of-the-woods. Matt and I are currently recovering from after-holiday blues. We are coming to terms with the fact that we have 2-3 months more of short, cold, hazy days. The hazy part is the worst. If you refer to a previous blog, you'll know that January is my least favorite month of the year.


My favorite thing about January is planning vacations that will transport me somewhere pretty! Of course I usually don't end up going those places, but it makes me feel like there is an exit if I really need one.


It really isn't the cold and the snow I hate. It could snow constantly and break periodically with a cloudly blue sky and I would LOVE it! Instead it warms up. The snow melts or turns black and the sky gets hazy. Yuck.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, though...this is the best winter I've seen in Utah in a long time. I agree about the haze, but I love the snow.

Heather said...

I agree - the inversion in January is a drag. I posted a note about it in my blog too. We must have the same brain. LOL.

Sandstone Writings said...

Love your photo and agree totally!
My mood is different today with gray skies than it was yesterday with beautiful blue. I'm glad I can read your posts. Is it okay? It seems like the friends of my daughters are my friends, too. You have a powerful influence on those around you, for which I am grateful. I'm not sure if you can get to my page from Heather's but you are welcome to come there if you'd like. Heather is coming next week to help me iron out the bugs and figure out links, etc. Janet