Thursday, January 31, 2008

5 months

I'm nearing 5 months that I've had this blog! Wow! Time flies. I just read through all I've written, and I have a few updates. I'll start at the oldest one and move forward, which may seem backwards to some of you, but may seem correct to others. Very similar to how you order your cards in your hand when you play Canasta. You could do it correctly like Sandra and I, or you could do it the wrong way like Matt and others in his family.

So, starting with the oldest:

2007-09-06
I have learned a lot watching Bollywood movies. And we have picked up on a few words like "jadoo", which means magic. If anything is cool or exciting, Matt will instinctually say "jadoo".

2007-09-24
Since blogging about how I number my months, I am constantly referring to it. In this blog, and in general conversation. It's silly, but I enjoy it.

2007-09-26
I actually had forgotten about this blog. But, I was glad to think about the ditto machine again.

2007-10-04
I don't think I've had a West Coast Reuben since this date. I've been to Mimi's, but I've been adventurous and tried other things. Maybe the raw mouth experience stuck with me since I wrote it down.

2007-10-17
So, I have a few updates for this entry! First, how funny I was stressing about the Primary Program. It gets over and I completely put it out of my mind. I'm so glad I won't start thinking about it until at least August! Second, we tried out a wonderful Indian restaurant on 7200 South called Ganesh - the people are so nice and the food is fabulous! Anyhow, I asked them how to make Mattar Paneer (not Mattal Paneer like on this post), which means peas and cheese. Specifically I asked how to brown cheese! She laughed, nicely, when I told her I used mozarella cheese. But, the book told me I could! Anyhow, she said you can brown cheese, but they use cheese that they make from milk and vinegar, and you put it in the hot oil very quickly and take it out. She said so nicely to me, "it would be really messy if you use mozarella cheese." Tell me about it! Really messy.

2007-10-22
We actually saw this house on "Good Homes Utah" one Sunday morning. So, we got to take a video tour. We still love our house.

2007-11-28
Everyone who hasn't finished the series are really afraid to read this blog with my Harry Potter predictions. I don't give anything away! Don't be afraid.

2007-11-28
Ha, ha! Music in English didn't last long. I went right back to the Hindi music. I even skipped Christmas music this year and kept listening to Hindi music. It's just too fun.

2007-12-11
Alright, I do have a Bollywood movie update:
14. Lakshya
15. Fiza
16. Chalte Chalte
17. Black
18. Baabul
19. Calcutta Mail
20. Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage (haven't watched yet)
21. Dil Se (haven't watched yet)
22. Jhoom Barabar Jhoom (haven't watched yet)
23. I See You (haven't watched yet)
24. Mission Kashmir (haven't watched yet)

Others that I want to see at some point:
Chak De India
Devdas
Jab We Met

2007-12-14
I was really surprised. I did do a second reading of the Twilight series. I once again really enjoyed Twilight. I liked New Moon better the second time, but not as much as Twilight. I struggled very much with Eclipse! It was hard for me to finish the second time. That's so strange because I liked it better than #2 the first time. Now I've started the Anne of Green Gables series which I haven't read since 5th grade. I'm almost done with book one.

2008-01-15
I can report that this January has been fairly haze-free. Yeah!

2008-01-17
No more instances with the Restroom Ghost! I think the restroom has been exorcised aka the plumber has repaired the problem and returned order.

2008-01-28
So, the same cheesecake with cream cheese instead of ricotta cheese is so much yummier! Hooray!

2 comments:

Sandstone Writings said...

Good to know. Just for my information: Can you get by with no-fat cream cheese? Or is it yucky?

Heather said...

You are so clever! I love your idea of recapping and updating. It's just like when we were kids . . . you come up with the best ideas! ;-)