Thursday, January 24, 2008

Winter Wear

So, per my friend's advise (see January 23 entry) I wore sensible shoes (winter sensible, not business environment sensible) to work today. My tried and true Doc's! (It hasn't snowed yet.) My shoe laces for these shoes died, but the shoes are still going strong. I got new laces, and going by the advice on the box, purchased the ones that it instructed for the number of eyelets on the shoe. WRONG. They are so long, I have to tie 4 knots to keep them from dragging on the ground!



And I also wore my fabulous fuzzy scarf, a Christmas gift from my friend Joellen (made by her mother). The scarf has been named Elmo (Seasame Street) by Matt and Animal (Muppets) by Wilson. Isn't it snazzy?

2 comments:

Heather said...

That scarf is awesome!

Sandstone Writings said...

Your shoelace story made me laugh! Why can't they figure out the proper size on those? I can't count how many times I have had undone, flappy shoelaces just because they were hanging down too far. I hate to tie them in double knot--feel like such a kid. But it is almost the only way for me to keep from tripping. Love the scarf names. Don't you just love all those fuzzy yarns you can buy today?