Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day

When the world calls February 29 "leap day" it means you've hit it ... your one in four chance has paid off today! When I think of the word leap, I think of going over something, skipping, or passing it by.

In honor of leap day, here are some things that I wish I could have skipped, or passed by in my life:

  • 7th grade
  • Best of the Bull ... the second time
  • Summer 2001
  • Lobster Dave date ... canyon confessional
  • Richfield road rash
  • A Clockwork Orange ... what's this "top 100 movies" business?
  • Lobster Dave date ... three's-a-crowd-cookie-cookoff
  • Tool ... should I admit this?
  • 05/20/2006
  • Lobster Dave ... farewell
  • Joe Millionaire
  • 9th grade perm

Oh, there are so many more. Happy Leap Day!

3 comments:

Sandstone Writings said...

There you go again, giving me an idea for another post on my blog. You are so inventive. I'll try out a leap year post, too.

Heather said...

I love this idea! You may have to remind me of some of this stuff . . . you've definitely piqued my interest! I wish you didn't have to go through those things too . . . although, you definitely rose above all that hard/unpleasant stuff amazingly well! Thanks for sharing!

Mark said...

Charnae---all of those "wish I hadn'ts" are crying out for further explanation! For me, a couple come to mind: 10th grade cheerleader tryouts; Thanksgiving, 1966; and ever filling out information for "free" coupons via e-mail.