Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wow!

I promise I won't put more of these on here for awhile, but this clip is amazing! I watched Dil Se this weekend ... another Bollywood flick. The music was great, and this particular song, Chaiyya Chaiyya, is wow! I couldn't believe they were dancing on a moving train!

I read a little about it on Wikipedia: "It became popular quickly upon release and its music video gained the same status, partly because it was filmed on a moving train. In 2003, BBC World Service conducted an international poll to choose ten most famous songs of all time. Around 7000 songs were selected from all over the world. According to BBC, people from 155 countries/island voted. Chaiyya Chaiyya was nine in top 10 songs. Remixes of the song were used in the opening and closing credits of the 2006 film, Inside Man. A cover of this song was performed in episode 5 of season 5 of CSI:Miami. The choreography by Farah Khan is considered among the most difficult ever done; a few dancers sustained minor injuries. Its lyrics are notable for their use of religious (especially Islamic) metaphors to characterize love, including references to heaven, the Shahadah (Muslim declaration of faith), and a verse from the Quran."

How fabulous! I found a clip with English subtitles.

1 comment:

Sandstone Writings said...

I loved this! The choreography was incredible! How did they do that? The main characters are so cute. Do they get together in the end? I'll have to check this genre of moviemaking out!